Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hummus Stuffed Sweet Peppers


Renovation is still in full swing around here so we're doing many quick and easy meals, things in the crock pot and definitely grilling. Grilling means no mess in the kitchen and no stepping over wires and holes in the floor for the duration of the meal.

I love the creativity that the grill opens you up to as well. You don't have to just grill burgers on it. Throw on fruit, veggies or any number of other things and you're sure to come up with a fun meal. Last year I recreated these jalapeno peppers that we had experienced at the state fair. As I was thinking of new ways to use my Sabra hummus and the sweet peppers I had in the fridge, those state fair treats came right back to me.




This time however, I used the sweet pepper, although you could easily use jalapeno's still for some heat. I mixed together hummus and mozzarella to stuff inside the pepper and then of course I still wrapped the outside with bacon. No arguments there right?


The result was a crunchy, salty exterior with a smooth and cheesy inside. The flavor was perfect and with a little char on the edges from the grill, it makes a perfect summer appetizer.


Hummus Stuffed Sweet Peppers

Ingredients
8-10 slices of bacon  
8-10 sweet peppers
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup any variety Sabra hummus


Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Lay the bacon on a sheet pan and cook for about 10 minutes until browned but not crispy. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.

Slice the top off each pepper and carefully clean out the seeds. Set the peppers aside. Mix together the cheese and hummus. Stuff the cheese mixture into each pepper. Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.

Grill over high heat for about 8-10 minutes, flipping once until lightly charred. 

Disclosure: As a Sabra Tastemaker I was compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. Never thought about stuffing peppers with hummus...genius idea! They look really delicious and especially since they're off the grill too. Found your blog on the CCN FB page.

    Nazneen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so yummy, i love to make them and i want to now can i make it using my best toaster oven?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. There are wonderful blogs as yours on instagram, please go to site insta stalker to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you! Let make your blogs more plentiful on instagram with site desksta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article . I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information.
    Thanks for sharing. If anybody want to get more information about it then visit.

    ReplyDelete