Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Four Layer Gourmet Caramel Apples


My wife would like 100% of the credit for this creation. And for something this amazing, she deserves it. This isn't exactly a recipe I'll be sharing with you but it's a fun treat that you can create with the kids help and it makes a great gift for the upcoming holidays!

Four layers you ask? Absolutely. Caramel, Butterfinger, Chocolate and Candied Peanuts. When she first described what she wanted to make, I thought  she was a bit crazy, and I honestly didn't think it would be as good as she was imagining that it would be. Butterfinger layer is one thing but then adding peanuts on the outside? I thought it might just be too much. And maybe it is, but it was pretty amazing.


Start by melting down the caramel like you normally would for caramel apples. One bag of about 50 caramels with 2 tablespoons of water, heated on low until smooth.

Place sticks into the apple from the stem side and dip 5 clean and dry apples in the caramel and allow the extra to drip off.  Roll them in crushed butterfinger bars, pressing in the candy to the caramel. Place them on some buttered parchment paper and freeze or refrigerate for about 45 minutes.


Melt 2-3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1-2 tablespoons of shortening until smooth. Dip the cooled apple in the melted chocolate and allow the excess to drip off. Sprinkle candied peanuts around the base of the apple and place them back on the parchment. Cool again until the chocolate has set.


These are easiest to enjoy if you cut the apples in quarters and remove the core with a sharp knife.



4 comments:

  1. These look incredible! I am so hungry for them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing here wonderful recipe.I was so excited when you said yes to make it! We can't thank you sufficient for all the work .They were AMAZING! I am so thrilled you put the recipe up. The timing of this recipe couldn't be any more perfect. I am going to make it as soon as probable. Keep posting overpowering recipes like this I am way thrilled to see what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm looks so tasty, must be delicious. I would be glad to cooc it for my friends. As soon as I finish all my assignments with the help of https://essaysprofessor.com/movie-critique-writing-service.html I will organize a party and this will be the main dessert.

    ReplyDelete