Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bacon Wrapped, Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers


The State Fair is over, school has started and it's already getting cooler. I'm going to reminisce though a bit with one of my favorite foods from the State Fair this year. I won't list everything I had this year, wait, sure I will: cheese curds, pina-colada, beef tongue taco, fried eggplant taco, chocolate chip cookies, puff pastry sausage, stuffed jalapenos, foot-long corn dog, mini donuts, poutine, red velvet funnel cake, fried green beans, strawberry smoothie and onion rings! Whew. Now, don't go thinking that was all in one visit. It was two. :)



One of my favorites was definitely the stuffed jalapeno from Sausage Sisters. It had great heat and how can you go wrong with adding cheese, sausage and bacon? Someone brought in some home grown jalapenos to work so I decided I'd try a re-creation of this fun treat.



The fair edition was filled with cheese and then had a piece of sausage stuffed in the end. I chose to mix the sausage with cheese and then fill the entire thing with it so it was more spread out. It was a pretty close comparison to the fair and my wife said she even liked our version better. Try it and let me know how you like it!


Stuffed Jalapeno

Ingredients
8-10 slices of bacon  
8-10 jalapeno peppers
1/4 pound ground mild Italian sausage
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Lay the bacon on a sheet pan and cook for about 10 minutes until browned but not crispy. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels.

Slice the top off each jalapeno and carefully clean out the seeds. Set the peppers aside. In a medium saucepan, cook the sausage until just lightly browned. Add the  cheeses and stir until melted. Stuff the sausage mixture into each pepper. Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Cook the peppers for an additional 12-15 minutes or until the pepper is just cooked through.






3 comments:

  1. Lordy, lordy. I am hungry now. I went to a Chile Pepper Festival but due to the wet weather the vendors made a quick retreat home. And, of course, the farm had to close because of the lightening....very sad day...all those lovely hot peppers calling my name and the heirloom tomatoes were crying and we can't forget the all the different eggplants and squashes waving from the field at me.Oh sweet sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like it. I want to do a lot of food in my life. คาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete