Monday, May 21, 2012

Double-Ginger Snaps


My 8 year old is back and this time he went all out and wanted to do a video for all of you!

He was so excited to hear all the feedback after his last post and it's already one of my most popular posts. He's always loved making videos and when I suggested he try another recipe and I'd film it, he was all over it. We had a ton of fun and I'd have to say he's a natural.

It was fun to see the conversation after his last post about working with kids in the kitchen. Most people were supportive and thought it was great while a few thought it was best just to keep them out. How do you feel? Do you let your kids help prepare meals or make anything else? how do you get them involved if you do? I'll be the first to say, this video is not the norm in our house. While he does enjoy it, it certainly doesn't happen every day, or even every week. I think my favorite part about involving him was just seeing how proud he was of his creation and how he loved seeing everyone enjoy them.

His cookies were pretty amazing too. I loved the candied ginger inside and the egg white and sugar on the outside made a nice crunchy shell. Enjoy the video and let him know in the comments how much you loved it!



You can also watch the video directly from YouTube here.

For the full recipe, please visit Williams-Sonoma. We doubled the amount of ginger in the recipe but followed the rest.





7 comments:

  1. I like ginger cookies too, but I've never thought about DOUBLE ginger cookies before. I love "Chopped" too, and I can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Food Network Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video, I see Next Food Network Star in Kayden's future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Way to go, Kayden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayden, I loved your cookie video. You did a great job. How about showing us how you make your waffles. Loved your video.

    ReplyDelete