Thursday, April 21, 2011

MN Food Bloggers @The Local in Minneapolis


Where can a beautiful spread of food be placed out and then have people wait patiently while it's photographed before jumping in and devouring it? Not an Elite Yelpers event of course. :)

Last night the Minnesota Food Bloggers were hosted by The Local, an Irish Pub in downtown Minneapolis. Drop any preconceived notions that came up when you read Irish Pub now, because I don't think many of them are going to fit this place. A far cry from your typical bar food, the spread in front of us was a beautiful combination of charcuterie and fresh takes on everything from fish and chips to veggie burgers.



A winning partnership between Pub Owner Kieran Folliard (Kieran's Pub among others) and Mike Phillips has created Green Ox Meats. Locally sourced and with an Irish twist, these meats are sure to please. My favorite was certainly the poached and stuffed trotter although I wasn't disappointed in anything I put on my plate.


The best part about all of this was that even though they went out of their way to make us feel welcome and provide an amazing night, all of this food can be found on their regular menu any time you stop in. Although this was my first time at The Local, I could certainly tell the secret is not held close. The place was packed when I walked in around 6 and was even more so when I walked out at 9.

4 comments:

  1. Nice write-up, Matt! Love the outdoor shot in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the write-up! you are fast! Glad to be a part of this wonderful community. The B&W pics are thoughtful! My favorite is also the poached and stuffed trotters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met you for a brief second last night, but we didn't get to chat. Great write-up and see you next time!

    ReplyDelete