Monday, April 25, 2011

Grilled Shrimp with Chive Butter


Sometimes simple is just perfect. I've been craving seafood lately and I got some shrimp this last weekend. I love seafood but since my wife doesn't like it I just don't end up making it very often. I wanted to make something amazing but just couldn't find anything that great that really featured the shrimp.  Then I found this recipe that is so simple I almost passed it up. It just bastes the shrimp in this chive butter and then uses the same mixture as a dip. Our chives are growing like crazy and it sounded interesting enough and of course I was right. The chive butter is simply amazing and would work on almost anything. I made some steamed artichokes along with the shrimp and dipped the leaves in it as well.


Grilled Shrimp with Chive Butter
adapted from Bon Appetit


Ingredients

1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
36 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, butterflied
Whole chives
 

Preparation

Preheat Grill to medium-high heat. Place mustard in bowl; whisk in lemon juice, then melted butter. Add chopped chives. Season with pepper.

Brush shrimp with some of the butter mixture and arrange them cut side down on grill. Brush the tops  with some more of the butter mixture. Grill until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Arrange on plates and garnish with whole chives. Serve, passing remaining butter separately. You may need to rewarm the butter.


3 comments:

  1. I adore simple dishes like this...the flavors just complement the shrimp without overpowering...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. I've been using chive flowers in my chive butter. A little bit of purple gives good contrast.

    ReplyDelete