Sunday, August 30, 2015

Meat Loaf


In terms of comfort food, meat loaf is a strong contender for first place. It's essentially a huge, juicy hamburger that you've decided to not even waste time on a bun with. It's got so much flavor packed into it that you just squirt some more ketchup on top and dig in. And I'm sorry, but if you don't put ketchup on meat loaf, you're not doing it right.




That's not to say that I haven't had a bad meat loaf, because I certainly have. They can be dry and flavorless and then it's like eating the hamburger that was left on the grill too long and nobody wants to take it but you. You're in good luck though because this meat loaf recipe is neither of those things and will satisfy any comfort food craving that may come your way.

And this recipe has a secret ingredient that makes it so easy to make and guarantees perfect flavor. It's Sabra Salsa! You could really use any flavor of their salsa and you're sure to have a great meat loaf. I used the Bruschetta version because I liked the combination of tomato, basil and garlic. Their salsa's are so full of flavor and taste like a fresh batch every time. My only other recommendation for this recipe is to get a good quality ground beef. It will help ensure it stays nice and juicy all the way through.


Meat Loaf

Ingredients

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3lbs ground beef
8 ounces Sabra Salsa
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 cup ketchup

Directions

Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onion is softened, about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.

In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, salsa, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and parsley. Add the onion mixture and gently combine all the ingredients. You don't want to overwork the meat here or your loaf will be too dense.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Divide the meat mixture in half and form into two loaves and place on a sheet pan. Drizzle the loaves with the ketchup.

Bake the loaves for 45 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.





27 comments:

  1. Proper lighting is essential in food photography and backlighting your subject material with natural light (aka sunlight) works best. Induction site

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a meat grinder. I like meat. So i will make it for my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so awesome. I really want to have a try at my first sight of your recipe. Thank you so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so easy to do it. my kid will love that . thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Orleans that I realized there's really nothing to be afraid of. With a good recipe & machine homemade sausage can quickly become a fun routine. best meat grinder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making this blog post. It's very interesting to read about the amazing cooking experience you guys have out there. Thanks a lot for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like meat, but when I see this meal, I want to try. I'll do it this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In terms of comfort food, meat loaf is a strong contender for first place. Visit my blog to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks for giving us some good informations about meat loaf.it is a very delicious food .almost every types of people eat this.its taste like a burger.the ingredients that has been used in this dish is very useful for our health.like eggs.eggs r essential for human body .like eggs many there useful things has been used in this dish so it is surely a special dish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just purchased a meat mincer and I am quite interested to try out some new recipes and this is going to be the first one so far. I will update you once I have tried out this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the great meat loaf and I don't know which meat is this but I know that you must grind well the meat and using best meat grinder today

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just purchased a meat mincer and I am quite interested to try out some new recipes and this is going to be the first one so far. I will update you once I have tried out this one!

    goldenslot
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สมัคร gclub

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to see the idea. Nice blog too. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I read the post entirely and couldn’t help thanking you for sharing with us this piece of informative resource. Could you please explain the Best electric meat grinder a little more, so I can enhance the knowledge base of our community website meatballly
    . Of course, you can do it in another post! Any effort appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple recipe that looks yummy too! I'm going to try this sometime. Would you recommend using freshly ground meat instead of store bought? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! I think your efforts to offer us this article deserve more than mere thanks or verbose appreciation.
    ggdbshoes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meat loafs are one of a kind. When I make it at home, I tend to overcook it in the oven. This was an insightful post. I will cook a better one next time. Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent post however I was wondering if you could write a little more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really Nice Book. It's very interesting to read about the amazing cooking experience you guys have out there. Thanks a lot for sharing
    Faucetsreviewed

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear, your post has one thing that caught my attention! Its information is more useful than many other articles on this topic.

    ReplyDelete