Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Sometimes time just gets away from you. I've always been a busy person. Not necessarily hectic, run all around the place type busy, but busy. I like side projects and lots of things going on that I can be involved in, but the month of October just got away from me. Full time job, trying to launch a new business, wedding, travel, foster kids and a major professional certification exam.


Whew. It was kind of crazy. Which is why this is only the second post of the month. But it's a pancake recipe. And who doesn't love pancakes? I even threw in some pumpkin and chocolate chips to make it all "fall"ish. Yeah, I know. It's stretching it but they were really good. So go make them, and forgive me. I've got some great stuff planned to share with you for Thanksgiving and I think that will make up for it.



As you start thinking about Thanksgiving, what are the dishes that you rely on a family recipe for and which ones are you willing to try something new for? What kind of recipes would you like to see more of? 


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes

1 c. flour
1 T sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

Mix together these ingredients in a small bowl.

In another bowl combine:

1 beaten egg
1 c buttermilk
2 T vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin puree

Stir together with dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in additional buttermilk to get to desired consistency.

Preheat skillet to 375 degrees. Cook on buttered skillet flipping once when bubbles appear on the surface. 





2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin with chocolate, these are my kind of pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read this post because I met so many new facts about it actually.








    Gclub

    ReplyDelete