Monday, February 7, 2011

Video Demonstration for Bon Appetit's Spiced Chocolate Torte Wrapped in Chocolate Ribbons

Now that the Super Bowl is over, it's time to start thinking Valentine's Day. What better way to show your love for that special someone than to create this beautiful torte. Three wonderful layers of sweet chocolate spice cake layered with light fluffy buttercream, covered in a rich chocolate glaze and then perfected with black and white chocolate ribbons. While typically branded as a holiday cake, there is no reason why this cake can't be the centerpiece at a birthday, celebration or in this case, an intimate Valentine's dinner.

I originally created and posted this torte back in December and it has overwhelmingly been my most popular post (original post). I loved creating this cake the first time and decided to make it again for a dinner party we were having in January. After reading the numerous comments, questions and issues that people had with trying to create this, I decided that I would record my second attempt in an effort to help people garner the courage to try this for their first time, or for those that have tried and failed, the courage to give it one more try.
 
So I present my first attempt at creating some video tutorials for my blog. Please forgive the less than optimal video quality. Maybe someday I'll have a better camera, but for now it will have to do. Finally, there's a lot of instruction here, so take your time and spread out your "training" over a few visits.

I hope you enjoy and if you're willing to give the cake a go, come back and let us know how it went.

Click any of the titles or photo's below to begin!

 The Batter



























































7 comments:

  1. Hi Matt - thanks for posting the video on our site - great job! You might want to check out my reply where I told of a group here in Minnesota for us food bloggers. Thought you'd be interested to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Matt, thank you for stopping by my blog. Your cake looks fabulous!! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weed For Sale
    You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your writing style, great information, thankyou for posting.
    buy cannabis online

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing.
    Buy moonrock online

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    Buy moonrock

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.
    cbd oil near me

    ReplyDelete